2 Feb 2012

Pearl Castle: Cheap Eat

I haven't been to Pearl Castle in years. T and I were just in the area, hungry for a cheap eat and some bubble tea!
Milk Tea with Pudding and Japanese Green Tea with half pudding, half pearls. I've probably ordered this at least once at every bbt place I've been to. For me, if your green tea sucks then everything else will too. This wasn't bad. The only complaint I have was that the green tea powder was too strong and left a funny after taste.
Japanese Style Egg Roll. Pretty good. I liked this better than The One in Burnaby but honestly, its just a crepe with eggs and green onions. Nothing special.
Deep Fried Chicken Nuggets with Fried Rice. This one came out alot bigger than expected. I didn't like how the rice had shredded carrots and way too many onions as a cheap way to fill the bowl. Typical Asian food I guess. I'd prefer Bubble World's Salty Peppery Chicken Nuggets over these ones. Overall, this one was ok to me.
Squid Tentacles. Also mediocre. Nothing special and a bit too chewy. I didn't like the sauce that came with it and they didn't have garlic mayo so I just used ketchup which wasn't very satisfying. What kinda bubble tea place doesn't have garlic mayo!? Maybe I expect too much. 

Price: Our bill came to $31. They take cash only for those like me who like to carry debit. 
Ambiance: Typical bbt restaurant. Good place to sit and chill. Service was way better than Bubble World.
I would wan't to come back for their individual hotpot just to say I tried it.
Overall Rating: 6/10. 

Pearl Castle 圓香茶坊 (Sexsmith) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment