28 Jan 2012

Joe Fortes: Dine Out Vancouver #2

So for round 2, we ended up at Joe Fortes downtown. This place feels very welcoming and their style is old French which T and I both like. We made reservations only 30 mins prior to arrival but they still gave us a really nice booth in the corner away from all the crazyness. The restaurant was still crazy busy at 10:00.
 Jumbo Prawn Cocktail. SO GOOD. I want more.
 Caesar Salad. I really liked their dressing. It was really garlic-ey but the lemon soothed it down and made a delicious dressing! Yay!
 Scallop and Prawn Pasta. No complaints. Im a little on the fence about whether I like it or not. As much as I loved those little peas, I don't think they went well with this dish. Feels like something I could've made at home. Not that it was bad though, cause I gobbled this thing up in minutes!
 New York Steak. This sauce was AH-mazing! So were the mashed potatoes. I would've preferred a tenderloin but this was still awesome and well made.
 Don't you love the plating of this? Other than the fact that it looked nice, it was equally yummy! I would order this again, with extra ice cream.
This is almost as comparable to the Tiramisu at the Sicillian in Emonton. Not AS good, but still awesome. I also gobbled this thing up.

Both 3 course dinners were $38. I think it was an okay deal. Obviously $28 would be better but what can you really say. I would come here again for their regular menu. Overall a great dinner.

Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. So yummy!!!!
    Love to see food on Internet :D

    I'll invite you to visit me if you have the chance.

    {besitos}[xoxo]
    http://thelookedover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. just want to let you know that I can't go to the next page from your blog =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those 'little peas' were probably capers.

    ReplyDelete