20 Feb 2012

Soirette Macarons & Tea: The BEST ones I've had so far.

There isn't much of a story of how we ended up here. Everyone has been raving about this new place for about a month now and I didn't get around to trying it till now. So after I got off school, we headed downtown, just for tea and macarons..
The place looks very modern and appealing. If I didn't know about this place already, I would've walked in eventually to check it out!
Though we came in 45 minutes before closing, they still had a huge selection. They sell for 2 dollars per macaron, $11.50 for a box of 6 and $22 for a box of 12. If you buy more than 5 macarons, its tax free.
Beautiful interior. Seats are very limited but as you can see, we were the only guests there and were the only ones there till closing. I liked how it was small and vacant. Thierry was way too busy for me. This way you get a good variety of choice, even at the end of the day. The girl behind the counter was extremely friendly and helpful from the minute we walked in, till we left the store.
I'm not going to list the names so you'll have to wait till you get a chance to eat em! Anyway, THESE ARE AMAZING! I had to capitalize it cause they are so good. Yes, they are expensive and much smaller than Theirry's which everyone is used to BUT I don't care. I like how they're flavors are very subtle. It makes me feel like they are more authentic for some reason. Over flavored desserts are more of a North American thing to me. They are just as chewy as Thierry's which is my favorite element, except they have more of a light crispy shell whereas Theirry's is thick and soft.
Tiramisu for $5! This probably looks bigger than it really is. This thing was tiny and SO expensive but very worth it. It was more of a modernized Tiramisu with lots of tiny almond chunks in it. Very macaron-esque. Loved it.
Of course, we had to pair our macarons with some tea! I like mine straight up with no mix-ins. That way you can really enjoy the natural taste of the tea. We had the Crème Vanilla which is a creamy vanilla infused green tea. It smelled very sweet, almost like tea and sugar cookies in one! Obviously it wasn't sweet lol but it was one of the better teas I've had. They also have a very large selection of teas displayed behind the counter.
The moment we walked in, the girl asked us if we wanted a tea sample. It's smaller than it looks in the photo, about an ounce. This was a red earl grey. If you know me well, you would know earl grey is one of my favorite teas. I just love the smell. It's hard to find a good earl grey that has more of a sweet taste than bitter. This one was perfect. I forgot to ask if they sold tea leaves to take home. I'm almost certain they do so I'll be grabbing some next time. 
I thought Thierry had nice boxes..
I had 3 at the store, took 3 home, then bought another 3 (different flavors obviously) to bring home a full box! Yep, I loved them that much.

Overall, my experience here was exceptional. I have literally zero complaints. And YES, I have found my favorite macaron and tea cafe. 10/10


Address:
1433 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6G
Website:

Soirette Macarons & Tea on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. wow! thanks for the review. im always on the look out for new macaroon places =)

    ReplyDelete