15 Mar 2012

Healthy Habits: Do YOU Juice?

Juicing has gotten very trendy and well known within the last year. And there is a reason: its freaking awesomely heathy for you and pleases your tastes buds at the same time!
My favourite things to juice: apples, oranges, pears, beets, carrots, spinach, lime, celery, cucumber, bell peppers. I find that just juicing the sweet fruits make the juice turn out very tangy and too sweet. Thats why I like to calm it down with something sour or bland like limes or vegetables!
A good tip is to refrigerate all your fruits and veggies so your juice comes out cold and there is no need for ice which dilutes your drink! Also, when cutting your fruits, cut and peel large amounts at a time and just leave them in the fridge. This will motivate you to juice more since everything is all ready and waiting for you in the fridge, yenno for those lazy days.
This is the juicer I use. I purchased this at Wal-mart for $98 on sale. The only complaint I have about it is that it doesn't come with a pitcher attached to the spout so you can only juice a glass at a time. Also, you can only use short glasses. If you want a whole pitcher of juice, you would need to juice multiple short glasses and pour them into your larger pitcher, one at a time. I don't really mind though.. Other than that, I do not have any problems with this and would definitely recommend this product.
This is what I made that night. The short one, which is mine contains one beet, one orange, half a pear and one apple. The taller one is 2 carrots, half an apple, half an orange and half a pear. Beets is my favourite thing to juice because it adds such a nice colour. If you're juice turns out brown, which is when you mix fruits and veggies, just add a beet to turn it into a beautiful red colour! You don't need much and we all know how good they are for you! Plus, how often do we really eat beets in our daily meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment