11 Apr 2012

Wild Apple

The same place we went for breakfast, earlier that week. We couldn't help but to come back and try the dinner menu.
Risotto Croquette $14. With 3 dips: tomato compote, lemon basil aioli, red onion jam. I liked the lemon basil the most. I just love any aioli dip. The croquettes were okay but a tad bit dry. My boyfriend loved them though!
Duck Ala Confit $26. The sauce that came with this was A AMAZING. The duck was a little dry and tough but very forgiving with the sauce.
I ordered the Red Wine Braised Shredded Short-Rib Rigatoni $26. How can you NOT order that!? It didn't look very good coming out but lift the blanket of rigaoni and ....
....you get THIS! The short-rib was cooked to perfection and you can really taste the red wine in it. OH SO flavorful. I also love anything with lots of tomatoes.
One of my new favourite chardonnays: Red Rooster from our very own province.
Chocolate Cake $8. How delicious does this look? It reminds me of something you would see on the food network, on that "sweet genius" show. There were so many different elements on this plate that combined together to be amazing.
Blueberry Crepe $8. This one was okay but was definitely NOT fresh. The only thing I liked about it was the fresh whipped cream topping.. and ice cream of course.
You already know I ordered ice cream but I took this to show you they're edible chocolate label. Yes, its chocolate! Never seen that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment