14 Dec 2011

Shaughnessy

This was the restaurant right outside the entrance of the Vandusen Garden. Its seems like a place you would want to try out right when you walk into the door.
www.shaughnessyrestaurant.com

The menu was very limited, probably 5-6 entrĂ©es to chose from. We had the bacon wrapped scallop and prawn sausages garnished with tomatoes, onions and capers. It was very strange but so good! And it grew our expectations for our meal...
I had the salmon. Totally forgot what it was called on the menu but it had a Thai twist to it. It came with diced pineapples, papaya salad, potatoes and garnished with cilantro. The salmon was not exactly dry, but the dish as a whole is missing a sauce. Everything was very plain. The potatoes tasted like they were just boiled and thrown on the plate. I didn't have much of the salad cause I never really liked papaya salad in the first place.
T ordered a scallop and prawn linguine. Of course I was going to order this cause seafood linguine is what I ALWAYS order if the menu has it. However, hoisin sauce, carrots and cashews were in the description. I'm so glad I didn't cause this tasted like chow mien. A 27 dollar chow mien dish is a no no for me. It was also way too sweet. We both ended up finishing only half our meals and moved on to dessert.
Of course I had to order ice cream.. And this one was cinnamon walnut! I couldn't pass it up. Obviously it was good cause you can really mess up on this... T had the chocolate pyramid with pistachio mouse. I did NOT see ANY pistachio. Even our waiter told us there was pistachio inside the pyramid but it was just a plain dark chocolate mouse. I only had one bite. Yuck.

Our bill came to $133 which was for the appetizer, 2 meals, 2 desserts and a bottle of wine. I wouldn't come back here if everything was half off. (or maybe just for the appy).. Our server was not really all there but I think we just had bad luck this time. The ambiance was okay.. Nice and warm with a view of the light decorations outside. Overall rating 5/10

Shaughnessy on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment